MOMENT OF TRUTH: What are you priorities in life? I am willing to bet that the majority of you rate your health and fitness pretty high up there. Yet, what action have you taken today to honor your priority to get into better shape? If you worked out, ate healthy and are drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated already today, give yourself a pat on the back. It may have been a struggle to fit in, but keep it up until it becomes habit!
Now, if you haven’t done much today for your personal health and fitness, and even if family and career or something else rate at the top and you think there is not much space for anything else, think again. ANYTHING you do in life requires your energy, strength and overall health. That’s why no matter what priorities in life you want to focus on, just about every one of your goals can be attained faster and better by staying in shape and being healthier.
You will honor almost ALL your priorities by making the time for YOU and fitting in something that brings you closer to better health! So, here are 5 things you can do in 5 minutes or less to better your health in fitness. Remember it’s the little things we do repeatedly that add up to big results. So don’t skip them just because you don’t think they don’t matter.
- Drink a big glass of water
- Research a new healthy recipe and list the ingredients you need to make it
- Schedule your next workout. Our members at Niki G’s Boot Camp use an online scheduler (www.nikig.info) to schedule their small group fitness classes. But you could also call a friend and make a date to meet up for a workout, write out in your planner the days and times you plan to workout etc
- Go for a walk. Yes, even a 5 minute walk around the block is worth it and great for your health, especially if you unplug and find some clarity!
- Read a health and fitness blog for inspiration and motivation. There are so many great blogs these days to choose from. Just google what you are interested in!
What else can you do in 5 minutes or less right now to honor your priorities?
Niki has been a Certified Personal Trainer since 1996, is a Mother of two and has been married to her best friend, Sam, since 1998. She appeared for over two years live on the Home Shopping Network and its sister station, America’s Store, as a regular guest and fitness expert for ProForm Fitness, the world’s largest manufacturer of home fitness equipment, before moving back to her hometown of Nashville, TN and starting Niki G’s Boot Camp. Niki is committed to helping women find realistic ways of getting in staying in shape through consistent and effective exercise and healthy eating.
Powered by Facebook Comments