Fall is here and while it is very common to gain weight between now and Jan. 1st, you don’t have to! I want you to look and feel your best this Holiday Season, so here are the 5 most important things you can do to avoid fall and winter weight gain.
1. Get out-even if the weather is bad you can walk at the mall or go to the gym, but don’t stay in the house and hibernate! Sitting around will cause your body to burn less calories, so if you eat the same as when you were busier you will gain weight!
2. Use portion and calorie control- a balance diet includes the occasional treat, but don’t go overboard. Counting calories may be tedious, but it’s one of the best ways to control your weight.
3. Exercise at least every other day. Regular exercise will rev up your metabolism making it more difficult for you to store fat.
4. Concentrate on lean protein, complex carbohydrates, fruits and veggies and low fat dairy. Stay away from processed foods, no matter how many calories they “save” you! (Same goes for fad diets and cleanses-strive to eat clean and healthy all the time!)
5. Keep your spirits up! Shorter and cooler days can bring on a case of the blues very easily. Since this can lead to “comfort eating” try bundling up and going for a walk instead. Bring a friend to talk to and brighten each others day!
While these tips will help you avoid weight gain, they can also help LOSE weight, improve your overall health, energy and well being a gift you can only give yourself this Holiday Season!
Powered by Facebook Comments